Jeeyoon's newest album, 시음 /si-úm/, is HERE!
A Note from Jeeyoon:
About two years ago, at the beginning of the pandemic, I had this idea of combining my next album with poetry. To me, music is poetic and poetry is like music. I wanted to create a musical experience where we can settle into a transcendental place. A place where we can free our souls and immerse ourselves into a beautiful experience of art.
In this album, there are 3 elements: 1. Solo piano repertoire from 시음 /si-úm/ 2. B&W photography by Allen T. Brown, which matches each track of the album and 3. Poems that are paired with each musical piece.
My wish is that when you listen to my album with the elements of photography and poetry, that you would think of someone for that specific piece of music. Perhaps this could inspire you to write a note to that person.
I dreamt that the beautiful circle I started would be completed on your end, and maybe that it would never end - someone in the world would always be writing a note to someone, sharing the art of music, photography, and poetry.
As always, it is my pleasure to take you on a musical journey and to share my passion with you.
1. Debussy: La plus que lente
2. Scarlatti: Sonata in E major, K.380
3. Scarlatti: Sonata in D minor, K.1 (L. 366)
4. Handel: Chaconne in G major, HWV 435
5. Rachmaninoff: Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 14
6. Debussy: Reflets dans l’eau
7. Debussy: Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum
8. Nikolai Kapustin: Concert Etude, Op. 40, No. 6, "Pastoral"
9. Chopin: Andante spianato et grande polonaise brillante in E-flat major, Op. 22
10. Chopin: Fantaisie-Impromptu in C-sharp minor, Op. posth. 66
11. Satie: Je te veux